Growing up you heard your parents tell you to 'eat your greens' and this pasta opportunity to do just that. Make your usual pasta dinner a little healthier and lighter by adding kale and zucchini to it. Change up this recipe as you cook and make it your own, you can even add in some shaved brussel sprouts if you're feeling bold! Serves 4-6.
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 bag of Severino Tagliatelle or Pappardelle
- 1 zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 bunch of kale, pulled off stems
- 1/2 cup of pesto
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Cook your pasta in salted boiling water until al dente.
- In a sauté pan over medium high heat sauté your zucchini for 2 minutes.
- Add in the kale and cook until desired doneness.
- In the pan, squeeze lemon juice over the veggies for some added brightness.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan and and the pesto.
- Top with Pecorino Romano; salt and pepper to taste.