This Mediterranean Orzo pasta salad is perfect for these warm, lingering fall days. Turn on the grill and serve it with some grilled chicken breasts or shrimp. Serves 4-6.
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 cups of Severino Rustic Orzo
- 1 English Cucumber
- 1 can of Chickpeas
- 2-3 Radishes, thinly sliced
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Yogurt Sauce
- (1/4 cup of Greek yogurt)
- (3 Tablespoons of chopped mint)
- (1 Tablespoon of roasted garlic)
- (2 Tablespoons of water)
- (Pinch of salt)
- Cook the orzo in salted, boiling water until al dente. Drain & run under cold water until cool.
- Slice your cucumber in half and with a small spoon scoop out all the seeds and water. Dice into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- In a large bowl, mix the orzo, cucumbers and chickpeas.
- Season the mixture with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with the yogurt sauce right before serving.