Change up your usual chicken noodle soup for this rich gemelli, ham and pea soup. Adapted from an old family recipe, this soup is perfect for any cold or rainy day.
Prep time: min
Cook time: min
Total time: min
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 bag of Severino Gemelli
- Wellshire Farms, Boneless Ham Steak
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 medium sized potato, peeled and diced
- 1 can of peas
- 1 Qt. of Chicken Broth
- Red Pepper Flakes
- 4 oz Pecorino Romano, grated
- Put olive oil, diced onion, and a dash of red pepper flakes in a pot and sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add 1 can of peas to the pot, 1 can full of water, chicken broth, ham and diced potatoes. Bring to a boil.
- When your pot comes to a boil, add grated pecorino and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a separate pot, bring salted water to a boil and cook gemelli to al dente. (8-10 minutes)
- Drain and add gemelli to the soup for an additional 5 minutes or until ready serve. Season with salt, cracked pepper and additional pecorino.